The Future Economy Studio supports the following digital ventures in their journey.
Blu Buying Club:
BBC was formed in Singapore in 2017 to help businesses in Singapore to save time and money when buying non-strategic goods. With over 20 years of experience in sourcing and procurement, we are providing all businesses expertise and tools usually available to large corporations only.
Thousands of businesses in Singapore cannot afford the service of a procurement team. These teams have proven their value added to the business over the years. Purchasing expertise is undoubtedly required when it comes to buy the best products at the lowest price. However their main challenge is to make sure the savings they bring effectively cover the cost of their service. That has lead to a situation where professional procurement is now focused on strategic supplies within large corporations. It thus leaves a significantly empty room for procurement expertise on non-strategic supplies across all companies but integrated MNCs.
- BBC brings that procurement expertise to the mass through its Procurement as a Service (PaaS) in Singapore.
- BBC’s ecosystem comprises of
- Customers: SMEs as well local subsidiaries of overseas companies;
- Products: non-strategic supplies as these are where lie the daily savings;
- BBC comes in two offers:
- Freemium, with a limited access to the discounts in the catalogue;
- Premium, with full access to the discounted catalogue, starting at SGD 15 a month.
Positive Energy.Community was incubated at the Future Economy Studio, Singapore in early part of 2017 with the goal of becoming world’s best platform for renewable energy trading by the community members.
Positive Energy.Community offers unprecedented customer empowerment and removes barriers to individual participation in the renewable energy market. Our aim is to bring together a diversity of people who care about their community’s energy future and enable them to SPREAD Positive Energy within their community.
PositiveEnergy [+e] is a Social Platform for Renewable Energy Accumulation and Distribution [SPREAD] that enable power-sharing within a micro-grid, as well as supporting spatially dispersed collective engagement. For example, prosumers who have surplus power can sell or exchange it directly with others using our platform.
The 3 key components of SPREAD comprises of
- Blockchain Technology to record data, transfer energy, and regulate digital-currency payments within a community-based decentralized green microgrid;
- a Digital Registry of green assets (PV cells and panels, batteries, transmission lines, etc.) that is imbedded into a blockchain ledger to give the data trusted immutability and create a precise, automatable record of time-stamped changes of title and encumbrances;
- Digital Currency/tokens that can be converted into local currency to be used for payments in the system for power consumption or to repay loans.